MistMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MistMS

V83 MapleStory Private server!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jackie's Suggestions...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jackie

Jackie's Suggestions... Empty
PostSubject: Jackie's Suggestions...   Jackie's Suggestions... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 am

I've played a lot of MS Private servers since v.55 and I think this server is fun. Most of my suggestions are geared toward non-beta form and since I'm not 100% if you intend to be gms-liked I'm giving only suggestions that would work on both Rebirth Servers and GMS-Liked!

Suggestions:
Commands -
@bossexp (Shows boss HP for bosses that don't have HP Bars) The code below will show all monster hps for the entire map so yeah I'm not a coder or anything just copied and pasted from one of the PS help forums ^^

Code:
                } else if (splitted[0].equals("@mobhp")) {
                    List<MapleMapObject> monsters = c.getPlayer().getMap().getMapObjectsInRange(c.getPlayer().getPosition(), Double.POSITIVE_INFINITY, Arrays.asList(MapleMapObjectType.MONSTER)); // creating a list of map objects.
                    for (MapleMapObject curmob : monsters) { // for every object in that list
                        MapleMonster monster = (MapleMonster) curmob; // casting the Object MapleMapObject to MapleMonster
                        mc.dropMessage("Monster name: " + monster.getName() + " - Monster HP: " + Integer.toString(monster.getHp()) + "/" + Integer.toString(monster.getMaxHp()) + "."); // sending a message with the monsters name and it's current hp/total hp.
                    }

@drops Since MapleStory (gms) changed all its drops and even all the monster levels and stats if you could code in a command that showed drop lists for items that would amazing! Or possible something that shows the drops of the monsters on that given map?

PQS:
Boss PQ:
I've always been a huge fan of bosspq for rewards! It gives the game some extra flavor and lets face it... When you've killed every boss in the game a couple hundred times you need something new! All sorts of rewards can be gained through BPQ and if you make it the only way certain items are available then people will definitely do it!

PQs for lower levels are an excellent way to give new players a stepping stone into your maplestory! By encouraging new players with decent items and the fun of a PQ you give people who may be unfamiliar or rusty to acquaint or re-acquaint themselves with maplestory! New players are the biggest commodity among MapleStory private servers!

Items / Npcs/ Mobs:

Scarlion & Targa are a refreshing change from Zakum and to be honest they are kinda fun. (Personal Opinion)

Neocity - None of the private servers I've seen have given this new world the time of day... And quite frankly its unfair the place is pretty cool! Who doesn't like blowing up giant robots and stuff? Programing in the actual drops for these guys and promoting it on the server might give your PS a new flavor for people to play with!

Farming Items - People enjoy farming Items if there is something rare and unique they can create with the items they farm! So make it so! If you make the items they have to farm like El-nath or Aquarium all the better! It spreads out the population of your server giving people more things to keep there interests!

Customized Chair Quests - Chairs often explode on some maplestory servers! Adding difficult quests and item farming to acquire something you can show off is really popular among higher level players or people who just like to collect things!

Skill Books - Have the ability to balance an economy. Making people have to farm or buy skill books means that people will tend to work together to accomplish things if your intending to be GMS-Liked I think its one of the huge things that makes MapleStory interesting! If your going to be a Rebirth server I would suggest limiting it to certain skills suck as Dragon Roar or Aerial Bombardment skills that often get abused! Possibly even making tough quests to acquire said skills!

Customization is the best option for brining in new players. Experienced or Completely new to the maple world! Being the first one to do something or the best one to do something is what sets Private servers apart!

Thank you for reading this ^^
If I come up with anything New I'll just add it to the list!
Back to top Go down

Jackie's Suggestions...
Page 1 of 1